R. Jeff Sepeta
Technical Manager, Impact Networking, LLC
August 2017 – Present
• Manage team of 7 web developers supporting 70 clients’ websites.
• Introduce efficiencies and techniques to improve website stability, including QA processes.
• Document procedures to standardize processes.
• Run backups and updates for 130 websites.
IT Consultant, West Valley Staffing Group
April 2017 – June 2017
• 2 month contract for Extreme Networks, offshoot from Zebra & Motorola.
• Advise data conversion project for several large national chains, migrating data from legacy formats to Salesforce.
• Develop, Test, and Implement methods and Excel Macros to reduce the time needed for document conversion.
• Merge data from multiple sources.
• Clean data and submit final results to the IT staff in California headquarters.
IT Consultant, American Contract Group
November 2016 – December 2016
• 1 month contract for S&C Electric Company.
• Supervise LMS (learning management system) project
• Evaluate commercial products, then develop prototype for offshore web/database development team.
• Create Visio workflow for industrial laser cutting machine with input from industry professionals in the US Fabrication division.
• Troubleshoot IOT for machining computers.
IT Consultant, Insight Global
August 2016 – October 2016
• 3 month contract managing transition from old IT staff to new IT staff for Tribune Media Company.
• Responsible for 24×7 support of Active Directory and Exchange 2013, supporting 7500 users, 3300 distribution groups, 80 AD servers and 28 mail servers (CAS + DAG).
• Worked on projects for spectrum auction, SOX-compliance documentation, and migration of DR site from Chicago to Dallas.
IT Manager, Sundberg America
May 2014 – May 2016
• Manage network, VOIP phones, hardware and software for enterprise with 19 locations across the midwest.?
• Oversee projects for web and SQL development for Epicor Prophet 21 (ERP).
• Implement Office 365.
• Plan restructuring of system to make it stable and redundant.
• Implement improvements to reduce costs.
Business Technology Consultant, American Business Knowledge
October 2012 – May 2014
• Wrote technical articles for websites analyzing various topics.
• Technical consulting including database development, Windows 8.1 implementation, and WordPress migration.
• Helped real estate developer implement Propertyware, VOIP, and Salesforce conversion.
• Manage RedHat Fedora & Ubuntu desktops.
Network Administrator, Cardiology II, PC
November 2011 – September 2012
• Support medical practice, managing Windows Server 2003 & 2008, email accounts, websites, backups, data recovery.
• Migrate all workstations to Windows 7, migrate servers to VMware. Implement Virtualbox & XPMode for Windows 7 pc’s for legacy databases.
• Plan database migration for patient charting, scheduling and billing systems including vendor management.
• Manage IOS devices for doctor and office manager. Install IPCCTV (digital media system, security cameras).
Social Media Guru, Ugly Dog Media
June 2011 – October 2011
• Provided computer & network consulting for startup marketing company.
• Technical writing and editing for VOIP manual. Writer for ITWorld.com and other online resources.
• Train staff in new technologies, trends.
Networking Administrator and DBA, ICUCare, LLC
November 2010 – May 2011
• IT Manager & SQL Administrator for cloud-based medical records hosting company.
• Managed 10 hardware servers (Windows Server 2008 R2) and several VMware virtual servers on 2 location WAN as well as workstations running XP, Vista and Windows 7. Administered TrixBox Linux-based VOIP PBX, MS Exchange 2007 and SQL 2008 R2.
• Ran security updates, Sophos Antivirus, Adobe Connect videoconferencing server, Cisco & Juniper routers/firewalls, switches, VLANs and wifi networks.
• Manage hosted Windows 2008 R2 servers. Automated unattended processes for backups and SQL replication.
• Support IOS and Android mobile devices.
Senior Windows Networking Consultant, PixelCreek Technologies
July 2008 – August 2010
Supported 100+ small businesses throughout Michiana area by providing on call IT staffing needs: project management, infrastructure consulting, disaster recovery, wired and wifi networking, and Active Directory / Exchange management, migrated companies to Windows Server 2008 & VMware Free 2.0, Savin & Toshiba MFP installation and support, remote support using Bomgar, Remote Desktop and Apple Remote Desktop, handled backups using Backup Exec & EMC Retrospect. Trained staff in OSX and IOS applications.
MIS Manager, Lancaster Health Group
February 2007 – May 2008
Supported nursing home enterprise including 7 VPN locations and over 250 employees (workstations/laptops) and ~1000 residents. Manage network, email, T1 connectivity w/ Cisco routers & VPN through Watchguard firewalls. 20+ hardware servers and 10+ virtual servers, oversaw migration from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Active Directory infrastructure. VMware Free implementation and image maintenance. Manage help desk with 2 part-time contractors and 1 intern. Upgraded Symantec Corporate Antivirus and Backup Exec, NAS, and backup storage. Trained employees in graphics and web applications.
Network Administrator, Rapid Solutions Group
July 2006 – October 2006
Maintain and upgrade ~60 HP/Compaq servers & 160 workstations and laptops running Windows Server 2003, Server 2000, NT4 Server and Windows XP Pro. Software supported included Exchange 2003, SQL 2000, Great Plains 8.0, Crystal Reports, Backup Exec, and Cisco IP VPN client as well as Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Visio, Project, Concerto Critical Chain, and AS/400 5250 sessions. Troubleshooting network, MITEL telephone system, Bluetooth, Blackberry, WebEx, NetMeeting, and issues using Trackit help desk software. Provide 24×7 phone support for Windows and OSX users. Worked on OSX Prepress projects.
Systems Administrator, Colborne Corporation
November 2005 – May 2006
Maintain and upgrade Dell servers running Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium including Exchange 2003,SQL 2000, Symantec Backup Exec 10D and Corporate Antivirus. Workstation support for Windows XP Pro.Security and firewall auditing using Watchguard Firebox X700 and Cisco 1700 router, including upgrading wifisecurity. Network infrastructure redesign and implementation distributed applications across multiple Windows 2000servers. Migrated paper forms to Adobe Acrobat. Siebel Upshot CRM, Sales Force applications, and QuoteWerks.Train staff on digital video and multimedia production.
Networking Consultant & Trainer, Sepeta Consulting, Inc.
September 2001 – October 2005
Supported SOHO market with network installation/maintenance, including Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 / Exchange 2000 and 802.11b wireless networks. Installed & managed Checkpoint and Cisco PIX firewalls. Installed Windows XP, Mac OSX, POS systems. Website management using Macromedia Studio MX. Also trained members of Computer user group with modern recording & production techniques.
Director of Information Technology, Prudential Preferred Properties
July 2000 – September 2001
Network administrator supporting 70 staff, 500 realty agents, 7 office WAN/LAN running 15 Windows NT/2000 Dell servers including MS Exchange and IIS, 3Com switches, 7 Cisco routers. Handled $100,000 IT budget and service level agreements (SLA’s) with vendors. Managed and mentored DBA, webmaster, and contract help. Responsible for 24/7 support of network systems including WAN and Telecom equipment.
LAN Systems Integrator. American Bar Association
March 1997 – May 2000
3rd level technical support supporting 1000 employees in 3 locations. 24/7 maintenance of WAN & LAN connections using Nortel Layer 3 Switches, 65 Compaq NT4 servers, 900 NT4 desktops, 100 Windows 98 laptops, 50 Macintoshes and 2 Sun servers. Implemented Microsoft IIS 4.0 intranet and Site Server 3.0 internet. Managed projects including Y2k, NT4 training for IT staff, and digital publishing department modernization. Junior DBA duties for SQL7. Tested Red Hat, Debian Linux and Sun Solaris 10.
Computer and Network Consultant, Electronic Publishing Services
March 1995 – February 1997
Migrated two domains and 8 servers from Windows NT4 – to – Windows 2000 Advanced Server platform. Instituted MS-SQL 7 replication between development and production e-commerce servers. Updated policies for Checkpoint firewall. Provided systems design, workflow engineering, and service contract negotiation with customers. Handled installation, troubleshooting, data recovery, network design and maintenance for regional client base, including three Fortune 500 companies. Offered training and services for the electronic publishing industry including multimedia and web developers.
Computer Systems Coordinator, Ausco, Incorporated
August 1994 – March 1995
Documented and trained employees to use Sybase System 10 client-server data entry system. Developed new business tracking databases for Macintosh in OMNIS 7 and FileMaker Pro. Responsible for maintaining PC workstations (MS-DOS, Windows for Workgroups) and administrating Novell NetWare 3.12 LAN with WAN connections for parent company Minet (now AON).
Manager of Information Systems. Jack Levy Associates
November 1993 – July 1994
Designed and implemented over 20 databases to track workflow within and across 6 departments. Generated three-year growth plan for IS infrastructure: researched new technologies, negotiated contracts with vendors, set budgets, and created implementation schedules. Trained staff in productivity applications as well as troubleshooting techniques. Responsible for maintaining and upgrading 120 workstations on cross-platform network (MacOS 8, Apple AUX, DOS + Windows)
Network Consultant and Trainer, Chicago Computer Company
May 1993 – October 1993
Provided installation, troubleshooting, data recovery, and training for customers in the Chicago Loop. Trained staff on Macintosh hardware and software so they could sell the correct products. Advised corporate staff regarding Ethernet implementation standards.
Network Consultant and Trainer, Midwest Visual Equipment Company
December 1991 – May 1993
Provided training and support for Apple’s largest K-12 dealer. Territory covered 3 states. Advised technology directors for over 30 school districts on best implementation policy for Macintosh-based multimedia labs. Developed courseware in Macintosh basics, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Filemaker, ClarisWorks, Microsoft Works, Aldus Pagemaker, Adobe Photoshop, Quark Xpress, and other programs used for office productivity and graphic arts production.
• University of Notre Dame, BS in Government (International Relations) and Computer Applications (MIS), Earned Dean’s List award, started productivity training program for students, faculty, and staff.
• Salesforce Administration Training
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Administration
• Querying w/ Transact-SQL
• MS-SQL Database Design
• Windows 2000 MCSE Certification Classes
• Windows NT 4 Certification classes
• Intranets Design & Implementation
• Creating and Managing a Web Server Using IIS 4.0
• Mastering NT
• Nortel Accelar Switch & Router Administration
• Fundamentals of Solaris and Solaris Administration I
• Personal Effectiveness for IS Professionals
• Y2K Crisis Management
• Project Planning and Control
• Training for the Trainer seminar
• Apple Ethernet Certification